HSL has set up a Research and Innovation Board to advise the company on new scientific developments and to facilitate translational research and development of new diagnostic tests
The Board which is chaired by Stephen Powis, Professor of Renal Medicine at UCL and Medical Director of Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust brings together senior academic researchers and directors of the company.
- Professor David Lomas, Academic Director, UCL Partners
- Prof Judith Breuer, Head of Infection and Immunity, UCL
- Prof Hans Stauss, Director Institute of Immunity and Transplantation, UCL
- Prof Anthony Schapira, Head of Department of Clinical Neurosciences, UCL
- Prof Michael Patton, Medical Director, HSL
- Dr Vanya Gant, Divisional Director, Infection, UCLH
- Dr Raymond Prudo, Director, HSL
- David Byrne, Chief Executive, HSL
Professor Powis says: “HSL works in a rich academic and research environment. The Innovation Board manages the relationships with academics and innovators, making sure HSL incorporates research and innovation into the way we do business.”
HSL are currently supporting over 100 projects from clinical trials to equipment evaluation and developing new diagnostic tests.
HSL held its second Research and Innovation Symposium at the Wellcome Collection on November 16th 2016, which was attended by over 200 scientific and medical staff.
HSL is in a unique position of working with one of the world’s top universities and being located beside the Wellcome Foundation and the new Crick Institute. This will lead to new opportunities and ensure that HSL can continue to innovate and introduce new diagnostic tests from the research that is taking place today.
Click below to download the full annual Research and Innovation Symposium reports: