HSL has set up a Research and Innovation Board to advise the company on new scientific developments and to facilitate translational research and development of new diagnostic tests
The Board, chaired by Professor Bryan Williams, Chair of Medicine at UCL, Director of the NIHR UCL Hospitals Biomedical Research Centre and Director of Research at UCL Hospitals, brings together senior academic researchers and directors of the company.
- Prof Judith Breuer, Head of Infection and Immunity, UCL
- Dr David Brealey, Lead for Clinical Trials, Critical Care UCL
- Dr Rachael Liebmann, Group Medical Director, HSL
- Prof Michael Patton, Consultant Speciality Lead, Genetics, HSL
- Dr Vanya Gant, Divisional Director, Infection, UCLH
- Dr Raymond Prudo, Director, HSL
- David Byrne, Chief Executive, HSL
HSL currently supports over 1000+ research projects, from clinical trials to equipment evaluation to the development of new diagnostic tests.
In November 2018 HSL held its fourth Research and Innovations Symposium at the Wellcome Collection in London. Showcasing the rich academic environment in which HSL works, the symposium highlighted HSL’s commitment to supporting cutting-edge research and innovation.
HSL is in a unique position of working with one of the world’s top universities and being located beside the Wellcome Foundation and the new Crick Institute. This will lead to new opportunities and ensure that HSL can continue to innovate and introduce new diagnostic tests from the research that is taking place today.