HSL Research and Innovation Committee
HSL has set up a Research and Innovation Committee to advise the company on new scientific developments and to facilitate translational research and development of new diagnostic tests.
The Committee, chaired by Professor Bryan Williams, Chair of Medicine at UCL, Director of the NIHR UCL Hospitals Biomedical Research Centre and Director of Research at UCL Hospitals, brings together senior academic researchers and directors of the company.
Current committee members are:
- Professor Bryan Williams – Chair, UCLH Director of Research and Director of NIHR Biomedical Research Centre
- Dr Raymond Prudo – TDL Chairman
- David Byrne – HSL CEO
- Dr Rachael Liebmann – HSL Medical Director and Executive Lead for Research and Innovation
- Professor Judith Breuer – Director of the UCL Pathogen Genomics Unit
- Dr David Brealey – UCL Lead for Clinical Trials in Critical Care
- Professor Tariq Enver – Director of the UCL Cancer Institute
- Mike Gandy – HSL Group Scientific Officer
- Dr Vanya Gant – UCLH and HSL Consultant Microbiologist
- Dr Rajeev Gupta – HSL Clinical Lead for Haematology
- Dr Aiman Haider – UCLH Consultant Histopathologist/ Cellular Pathology
- Professor Tim McHugh – UCL Director Centre for Clinical Microbiology
- Professor Michael Patton – HSL Genetics
- Dr Sarah Watters – HSL Innovation, Research and Development Manager
- Siddra Noureen – HSL Research and Development Officer
HSL currently supports over 1000 research projects, from clinical trials to equipment evaluation, to the development of new diagnostic tests.