HSL Rapid Response Laboratories – Clinical services
Clinical services offered are:
- Blood grouping
- Antibody screening and Identification
- Estimation of foetal maternal haemorrhage Red cell phenotyping
- Issue of blood components
HSL blood transfusion laboratories adhere to a strict zero-tolerance policy for sample labelling and acceptance criteria, in line with national guidance.
Clinical services offered are: Full blood counts
- Blood and Bone Marrow Morphology
- Malarial Parasite
- Infectious mononucleosis diagnosis
- Routine coagulation tests
The RRLs carry out routine biochemistry testing. Other tests are analysed at the Halo Building, including:
- Tumour markers
- Specialised Proteins
- Drugs of abuse
Immunology tests are analysed at the Halo Building.
Point of Care Testing at UCLH RRL
Services provided near patients (satellite laboratories)
- 1st Trimester combined screening service (UCLH)
- HbA1c monitoring – Adult Diabetes Outpatient clinic (UCLH)
- Intra-operative parathyroid hormone measurements (Parathyroidectomies at UCLH, RF, BCF)
- Support with POCT devices used in the Trusts
Haemostasis (Specialist Coagulation) Services
Diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of inherited and acquired coagulopathy disorders including:
- Thrombotic disorders.
- Haemophilia and acquired bleeding disorders.
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (TTP), Atypical Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (aHUS) and Thrombotic Microangiopathies (TMAs).
- Molecular Genetics services in inherited bleeding disorders and thrombophilia